View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #515
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
See, if we had Newton or Stafford,I believe we would win more games. Put Schaub on Carolina or Detroit and they are worse. He doesng have what it takes to get the team where we want he. He is a backup. Newtown and Stafford are young qbs with much more potential. This is a qb friendly system, where Schaub gets open by himself with no one around him, yet still can't hit a receiver in stride unless he is in Denver, or run for the first down when it is four yards away. Schaub's style of weak-armed, immobile, pocket passer stinks.

I'd love to have him as a backup though.
If what you're saying is true, Jake Plummer would have won a Super Bowl in Denver. Shanahan would not have had to "adapt" his system to accomodate RG3... heck, Grossman & Beck would have gotten their team into the play offs. Or at least had winning seasons. But they couldn't win more than 6 games in this "system"

There are things that Stafford & Newton can do that Matt can't; but because of those things, there are things they won't do that Matt does & does very well. There will be some games we'll win that we wouldn't have with Matt, but there are going to be games we lose that we wouldn't have with Matt. It's nice to think everything else would have been the same, just add "young mobile QB"

But it don't work that way.

What do we have that Carolina doesn't have? Put Matt Schaub on that team & they win the T.O.P. Their defense gives up less yards, because they aren't on the field. Same thing in Detroit. Ndamukong Suh isn't Jj Watt, but he's much better when he's sitting on the sideline all day & coming in to explode for 3 or 5 minutes every 30 minutes or so.

Chances are that the Panthers are going to bounce back next year & get close to something but the talk is still going to be about Cam Newton needing to get better from the pocket. Stafford has to get better from the pocket. RG3, Wilson, & Kaepernick are going to have to get better from the pocket........ there is no way around it.

& it's not like Matt is "scared" to throw the ball. I know that's what everyone is saying now, but he still threw for 4000 yards, with one WR. Andre had another 1500 yard season.

I know it's just stats, but nobody wants to hear about us winning 12 games in the regular season, or a game in the play offs.

Everything they're saying about Schaub right now was said just 6 weeks ago about last nights Super Bowl MVP. Same things were said about Matt Ryan. Same thing (can't win the big game, don't win in the play offs) was said about Peyton Manning.

I think everyone is just a little too emotional right now. Hopefully by September everyone will get their faith back in Matt Schaub & I can go back to harping on his short comings.