View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013   #513
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Which is funny. A few years ago, all that matters was the Ws.... now, that's not good enough. Matt's got to look pretty while we win.

You want to give up on a QB who averages 93 QB rating over the last 6 years, 64% completion rating, 20 TD/yr, he's won 75% of his games over the last two years for a guy who cries on the sideline when he's not winning.

I like Cam Newton, I like to watch him play. But just because he's more mobile does not mean we'll win more games. Romo is more mobile than Schaub , Kolb is more mobile than Schaub..... everybody out there is more mobile than Schaub but very few of them have more wins than Schaub over the last two years. Roethlisberger, a SB winning QB doesn't have as many wins as Schaub over the last two years. Schaub has more play off wins than that mobile QB over the last two years.

Trust me, I do not think Schaub is the best QB in the league, or even close. But I would not trade Schaub for a virtually unproven QB that plays a style that has had limited success in this league.

Just doesn't make sense to me.
See, if we had Newton or Stafford,I believe we would win more games. Put Schaub on Carolina or Detroit and they are worse. He doesng have what it takes to get the team where we want he. He is a backup. Newtown and Stafford are young qbs with much more potential. This is a qb friendly system, where Schaub gets open by himself with no one around him, yet still can't hit a receiver in stride unless he is in Denver, or run for the first down when it is four yards away. Schaub's style of weak-armed, immobile, pocket passer stinks.

I'd love to have him as a backup though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote