View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I agree and should have said they cant discuss it until after the third year, which is next year.

After next year they will need to give him MAJOR money, or he could potentially hold out.
This should be the Texans top concern for next year but they have to start planning now. And who they resign this year will probably have a huge impact in what they can give to Watt next year. If Barwin or any of the others are asking too much the Texans should let them go test the market. If there are no takers for some then they can come back for lesser $$$. Personally, I would rather the Texans try to sign Quin and McCain than Barwin. Realistically, I know the Texans are going to lose some players every year they don't want to from now on because of the cap. They'll just have to keep restocking through the draft. But, they cannot lose Watt! He's just too good. A "once in a lifetime" player that's a game changer!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote