View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Hall of Fame inductees

Larry Allen.
Quote:
“You can’t pack enough lunch and hard hats to go with you for four quarters,” Warren Sapp said after taking the stage with Larry Allen.
Quote:
“This guy scared people,” HOF inductee Jonathan Ogden said of Allen. “I don’t know if I scared people on the field. I mean, they weren’t going to get by me, and I intimidated them.

“But I’ve seen 3-techniques [defensive linemen] physically develop cramps because they didn’t want this guy on them.”

Quote:
Teams: 1994-2005 Dallas Cowboys, 2006-07 San Francisco 49ers. … 14 seasons, 203 games.

Highlights: First-year eligible. … Selected by Cowboys in second round (46th player overall) of 1994 draft. … Versatile, played every position on offensive line except center during 12 seasons with Dallas. … Led way in second season for Emmitt Smith who set Cowboys’ franchise record with 1,773 yards. … Started at right guard in two NFC Championship Games and the 1996 Super Bowl. … Named first-team All-Pro seven straight years. … First-team All-NFC six times, second-team once. … Moved to tackle late in 1997 and entire 1998 season, earned All-Pro honors at position. … First season with 49ers led way for Frank Gore who set team single-season rushing record (1,695 yards). … Elected to 11 Pro Bowls. … Named to NFL All-Decade Teams of 1990s and 2000s.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote