View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #83
Lucky

Rep Power: 213448 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Rackers' deal may also have reached a qualifying offer... it was certainly more than the two you listed.

According to anything I have seen, the Texans should qualify for 4 compensatory picks... with one being a 3rd,

The question is what they get for Briesel and Dreessen (4th-6th) and whether Allen will get them a 6th or 7th (his lack of play may knock him down).

My best guess: 3rd, 5th, 5th, 7th.
I don't think Rackers deal, or anyone the Texans signed reached the minimum qualifying offer threshold. Based upon what I have seen and read over the years, I think the actual contract is where the round of compensation is slotted, then performance based inside that round is given credence.

Mario is an obvious third. Brisiel and Allen both signed deals that averaged $4 million, and I think that puts their compensation firmly in the 6th round. Dreessen's deal was for less than $3 million/year, but I think that will be good enough for the 6th round, as well. My guess at this point is one 3rd and 3 6th rounders. This guy adamjt13 did a great job at guessing the compensatory slots, but hasn't done them in awhile.