View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #81
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans compensatory picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I need some confirmation.
As I understand it, each FA we signed cancels out one that we lost.

Lost:
Mario
Allen
Brisiel
Dreessen

Signed:
James
Donnie Jones.

It looks to me like we will only get two comp pick:
A third for Mario and a sixth for Allen (due to the value of the contract they signed with the new teams.)

Did I miss something ?

Rackers' deal may also have reached a qualifying offer... it was certainly more than the two you listed.

According to anything I have seen, the Texans should qualify for 4 compensatory picks... with one being a 3rd,

The question is what they get for Briesel and Dreessen (4th-6th) and whether Allen will get them a 6th or 7th (his lack of play may knock him down).

My best guess: 3rd, 5th, 5th, 7th.