View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Addressing the ILB position

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I get you. But for some reason there are some here that would like us to spend FA dollars on Maualuga.
Well those people need to watch some of his games since he was drafted. He is horrible in coverage and I would say less talented than what we currently have at ILB in James or Dobbins.

Also I would say that DT and ILB are our biggest needs right now. Followed by OT and then WR. Anyone who thinks replacing Walter over Cody is more important isn't thinking things through. Walter might not be the best number two WR out there but as far as performance goes he is heads and shoulders better than Cody.

Cody should at the very best should be a backup that only sees the field to give the starter a blow. He was pushed around like he was on roller skates all year and that is saying something when you consider he played with the DPOY to his left and arguably a top 5 five tech in Smith to his right.

Cody
2010 38 tackles
2011 23 tackles
2012 17 tackles

He's on the wrong side of 30 and his numbers are trending down. So what should we expect next year, 10, 11 tackles? Are those starting DT numbers?

How can anyone think that Schaub's 3rd or really in most cases 4th option on passing downs is more important than our starting NT is beyond me.

And so I don't totally derail this good thread lets talk ILB. Cushing is coming off a season ending injury and plays with the kind of reckless abandonment that could land him right back there at any time. Other than him we literally have NO one that should be a starter at either inside position. No way in hell we wait until late in the draft for help there. We need a quality starter and depth there.