View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #102
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Antonio is actually under contract. It's the size of the salary that is being questioned. At a 6M base salary this upcoming season some are speculating that that could be a bit much & he could be looked at as a salary cap casualty. I too wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a DE & cut Smith. I think it could also depend on how highly they think of Crick.

This draft is quite interesting, imo, because the Texans have some holes, but in most of the positions they seem to have players they think highly of waiting in the wings & its a matter of whether or not they believe those players can develop to become key contributors or starters. Tough call on what that 1st round pick will bring. OLB is the only position I see as a must if Barwin leaves & they choose to keep Reed at ILB.
Which is why I'm on board with the Texans taking Datone Jones at 27 if he's still there. Like BL had in one of his mocks.

That's if Barwin walks. Otherwise it's all offense for the 1st three picks for me. If the talent level is there when the Texans pick.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote