View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Now on the other hand if he comes out in 2013 and keeps stinking it up then you want to have another player to turn to on the roster to maybe light a fire under Barwin's ass or replace him. I still think if we can sign Barwin now for a reasonable amount of money then do it. Just don't break the bank on him yet.
& that's the question. What's a reasonable amount?

I liked what I saw from Barwin, playing spot duty as a 4-3 end coming off the strongside. I liked what I saw from him as the SOLB in a 3-4. He's good against the run, much bigger & stronger than Reed. He looks good running backwards, dropping into coverage, flipping his hips.... he's not "fast" but he can run.

He is not & never will be a beast of a pass rusher. 11 sacks from the WOLB position said as much. His performance this season says as much.

We already got ourselves into trouble paying guys more than their production warrants, we don't need Barwin to be another.