View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004   #11
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Cowboys have more problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
Sounds like the Cowboys said as little as possible which IMO should help Quincy in getting another job. If all the reasons should surface, it could cause more harm than good in getting on another team. I would use this time to clean up my act and become the poster child for rehabilitation. I think Quincy is a good quarterback with potential to be successful on another team, but he isn't good enough that most teams would be willing to take on any extra baggage.
Mort mentioned that the Titans were interested in him as possible a 3rd string QB behind McNair and Volek, and something about the Chargers being interested also. Not sure if its genuine interest on the Chargers part, or just an attempt to speed discussions along with Rivers. I'm sure all 32 teams are already aware of the failed drug tests, or else they were completely obvlivious to every media outlet in the nation. Extra baggage comes with lots of players in the NFL, but I'd think the higher the risk a guy is the more it is reflected in his salary. Take two QBs of equal ability and potential, and if one has a higher risk than the other then he'll probably get a lower pay in case the risk doesn't pay off. I'm sure he'll latch on somewhere, but perhaps not till after camps.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote