View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #99
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
The same could easily be said about mario's sacks from that season, as well as many other seasons to be honest, & yet some hold him in high regards. Mario was extremely overrated, IMO, & he normally needed a clear advantage to even sniff a sack. Hardly the game changer, similar to Watt, that many falsely claimed he was. So that knock on Barwin by most in Houston is quite laughable after all the unearned attention Mario received.

Considering Barwin set a franchise record for sacks in 1 game w/ 4 & accumulated most of his sacks in the remaining 10 games when he took over Mario's position I would say his 2011 was quite memorable...at least it was to me. I think Barwin still has plenty of potential & 2 seasons is hardly enough for us to know what he is truly capable of IMO.
For good or ill I'm kind of in this position where Barwin is concerned. Two season, one good and one bad aren't enough to determine anything. Give me a third season and lets see how it goes. Then I'll decide which way he's trending. I mean, if the guy comes out next year and gets 10-12 sacks then what does that mean? It means 2012 he had a down year.

Now on the other hand if he comes out in 2013 and keeps stinking it up then you want to have another player to turn to on the roster to maybe light a fire under Barwin's ass or replace him. I still think if we can sign Barwin now for a reasonable amount of money then do it. Just don't break the bank on him yet.