View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cowher on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think what Cowher learned was the value of the QB position.
I'm pretty sure everyone involved with the NFL understands the value of the QB position. The guy touches the ball on practically every offensive snap.

Unlike Cowher, Kubiak comes from an organization that had that QB everyone knew could get it done (ala Peyton Manning) but still failed to win the Lombardy more times than not. After Elway Kubiak & Shanahan got close one time. So I'm sure he knows the value of the position.

The thing we all need to learn, is not only do you have to have the right QB, but you've got to have the right team behind them. Jim Kelly is a good example. You can't tell me he wasn't good enough. Warren Moon, Dan Marino, I'll even throw in Cunningham. They were all good enough, imo, but QBs don't win Super Bowls. They don't win championships. They can win games but it takes a team to win Championships.

Tom Brady & Ben Roethlisbergers weren't very good QBs when they won their first Super Bowl. Both were better QBs when they won their second. Brady much better when he won his third. They are both way much better QBs now than they were then & it's been awhile since they've won a championship. But you take Vinatieri of those Patriots teams, how many Super Bowls does Belichick have?