View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cowher on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Well he does seem higher on Kubiak. But it is about trying to get past the Divisional Title Games that could the team, take it to the next level. Just get past that! But they are on a huge start. Just took time to get the chemistry going with Kubiak and the team!

He seemed genuine to me. He sounded as if he truly believes Kubiak is a "great" HC. But I'm sure he was hamming it up a little bit. What I thought was interesting was that he said Kubiak "will get better"

I personally think that should be true for all coaches, head coaches, coordinators, position coaches... once you stop getting better, it's time to move on. Because, as you know, the game is constantly changing. You've got defensive guys out scheming offensive guys, offensive guys out scheming defensive guys. You've got 6'6" TEs that can run like deer & 2nd year DL playing like 24 year veterans.

But I wonder how much of himself does Cowher sees in Kubiak. How many times did Cowher think his team was good enough, only to fall short? I remember a couple of years before he won the SuperBowl the talking heads had him on the hot-seat. So I would think he also knows that "lucky I have a job" feeling.