View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013   #18
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scouting Football Talent Breaking down WR trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What is 6'4" 200 lbs 4.49 speed, 73/1083 14.8 9TDs and should be available in second round?
Justin Hunter would look outstanding in a Texans uniform and if this wish came true I'd love this pick. Unfortunately I think after the Combine, Hunter and Patterson will be considered mid 1st round picks and out of our reach. Hunter has the speed, size, and athleticism to be elite in the NFL. Patterson does as well but with only 1 yr. of D1 experience I think Kubiak would shy away and not want to take that risk. And while Patton and Woods have a higher floor in the NFL, Patterson and Hunter have a much higher ceiling. So does Smithiak take a chance on a homerun, Patterson or Hunter, or do they play it safe, Patton or Woods?

Srrono, I think you'll get your wish. I think there will be plenty of QB's taken, there always is, and there will be CB's, OT's, OLB's, DT's, and DE's taken ahead of us that there should be some very good WR talent left for us at #27. Also I agree with you with those 4 picks in the top 100 players there better not be any WTF small school project players, ie: reaches. We need 4 elite/very good/good picks.

Why do I again have very little confidence in Kubiak to make the right picks? This happens every year. I guess there's just been to many Molden, Okoye, T. Johnson, Jacoby Jones, etc... picks made early.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote