View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #76
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know you've watched a lot of tape I know you've broken a bunch of them down, studied play-books, and dissected routes & coverages, which is why I know you already know that what I implied is correct.
Yes and No.
Walter is not to be confused with a very good number 2 like Julio Jones seems to be on the way to become (if not already), but Walter is no cup cake either.

Yes, it's true that we have a pretty good TE in OD and a very good back out of the backfield in Foster; that was why they got the big money.

But OD isn't as good in blocking as a TE should be while Walter has been among the top at his position in blocking.
The play action often benefits the TEs more than it does Walter.
At times he and/or AJ would take away the safety (or safeties) for the TEs or the RB. How often do you see these guys being double-teamed?

I was wanting to watch a little more of Walter so I pulled up another game.
I chose the Packers game because it was a loss and also because Walter didn't have good numbers.

And guess what? More of the same with him being open but not getting the ball for a number of reasons.

Then there's that PI call again, taking another TD from him.
About the same distance in yardage (some 26 yards).
I believe it was Sam Shield who committed the penalty.
This one set up another TD by Foster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote