View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowher on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Lestar Jean was a UDFA. Keshawn Martin was a raw receiver who made most of his plays at Michigan State as a returner or catching bubble screens. Expecting these guys to step into a key role in a NFL offense is not evaluating players correctly.

I'm not into passing the buck to the assistants. If Kirksey hasn't been getting the job done, Kubiak should have looked elsewhere long ago. To be fair to Kirksey, he's been given one HOF talent and little else. He's not shopping for the groceries, as far as we know.
Jean was an UDFA, yes, but they also saw something there when he beat a couple of CBs who were drafted (what's his name from UT? - was one).

They didn't expect him to be up to par right away; he was a project, and that was true.
But we all saw some good plays from him that we hope is worth the wait (for cheap).

Martin wasn't just a guy who takes bubble screen at Mich. St.
He ran plenty of routes from the slot and also from the wide out spots.
That's why the Texans "fast-tracked" him (a little too soon for my taste.)

I would rather have him in return duties and then work him in as a receiver slowly.

There's nothing wrong with that when he's a mid round pick.

I was hoping that Posey can get up to par sooner.
You can see that he was showing the sign of being a better option than the other two when given the chance.

Nobody expected them to play a big role, but I definitely didn't expect Jean and Martin to drop that many passes and/or running poor routes as they did.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote