View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Addressing the ILB position

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Note: At the time, I also said that I think those guys were drafted a bit too early.
I saw Mitchell as a rotational guy that only has a small chance of becoming a starter, and Sharpton as a project. (I had them both a round later (or at most half around later.) Again, nobody is going to hit on them all.

It's more about the overall consistency, and I think they did at least an average job building the roster.
It's really hard to judge Mitchell. I've seen flashes of what I'd like to see out of the position, but being that Cody is still starting I have to believe that what we are seeing from Cody is what they want. With that in mind I don't see a huge drop-off & wouldn't be surprised if they didn't try too hard to keep Cody when that time comes.

I think Sharpton is a stud. Just can't stay on the field. Maybe he'll be that guy next year, but we don't need to be sitting around waiting for it to happen. He didn't make it out of camp healthy in 2012...

If you (or anyone) thinks we can get what we're looking for in the 3rd or 4th round, great. I hope you're right, but I think we need someone to start day 1 & we're not going to find that (I think) in the 3rd or 4th. It happens, I know it does, Just not a gamble I think we can afford.