View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Addressing the ILB position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
You can find stud inside linebackers from the second round to the 4th. Stud ILB Daryl Washington (Cards) was the 47th pick of the draft and was a second round pick. James Laurinaitis was a second rounder, Sean Lee was the 55th overall, The Panther's Dan Connor was a third rounder (74th), Bowman - 91st overall pick...We could have taken him instead of project Earl Mitchell. Instead we take the project and then select an inferior prospect in Sharpton right after Bowman. That's just nit-picking though.
Well, we all had good suggestions here and there during draft time, but it's not easy to hit on all the picks.

I can understand them not going for a LB earlier that year since we had Cushing and Ryans.

Then there's the matter that plenty of picks that went before Mitchell and Sharpton are either no longer in the NFL or barely did anything.

Note: At the time, I also said that I think those guys were drafted a bit too early.
I saw Mitchell as a rotational guy that only has a small chance of becoming a starter, and Sharpton as a project. (I had them both a round later (or at most half around later.) Again, nobody is going to hit on them all.

It's more about the overall consistency, and I think they did at least an average job building the roster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote