View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #73
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But they're only guessing at what the defense is going to do. They can't make decisions like that until they get to the Line. That's got to be Schaub's decision when he gets to the line. Then it's going to change again, once the ball is snapped.
The play comes in, it's a two man route designed to get the safety to bite on the crosser, opening the deep route. This becomse #1 on your progression.

But you come to the line & they're in Qtrs. So now you've got to be thinking the crossing route will be open. This becomes #1 on your progression.

You hike the ball & the safeties stay flat opening the deep route again. They take away your #1, you go on to #2.
I'm not an offensive coordinator, but the targets would be determined by routes, not positions. If I think my TE gets down the field & separation better than my #2 WR, then he'll be the one running that crossing route. I'll split him out wide more often than other teams do, because I know I'm talented limited at the WR position.

My TEs & my RBs are better receiving threats than my #2 WR.

I can't understand why you don't see that as a problem.
Well, to really understand what's going on, we need to look at each pass pattern and see how the defense set up on each of those plays.

Now, I haven't done much of it this year, but I did plenty last year, and the years before.

You're talking about a guy who had watched each of the games from 07 to 11 in the upward of a hundred hours each. What do think I spent all that time for?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote