View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #33
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Superbowl in houston has failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

You're really missing the boat here. This isn't the owners getting together to judge the best tourism spots. This is all politics - bribes for new stadiums, bribes for owners. Make a cogent argument for Indy getting a SB otherwise or Jax which had to hire in cruise ships for hotel rooms.

You are fawning over SF. Know how many SB's they have hosted? - zilch. If they get one it is a buy off for getting a new stadium. It isn't for the redwoods and pizza.
Indy got their game the same way Houston got its game the same way DFW got their game the same way NYC got their game and the same way it will help SF get its game - build a new stadium. Oh BTW, I know Houston had a game back in the 60s at the Rice football field, but it was not the event then, the attraction then that it is now.
And I do think a lot of the fans, 10s of thousands coming from the fan bases of the 2 competitors buy game tickets and go to the game and they do want to lay around South Beach, or play golf in the warm air of the Arizona desert in the winter, or whatever in the days leading up to the game. I think those fans have substantial input for where the game is to be played. Why else would there already be an unofficial but virtually de facto rotation of citys for the circuit of sites for the annual SB ? That is after you back-out all the one-and-done citys that got the SB because of new stadiums they built.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote