View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Superbowl in houston has failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Better than NOLA ? I dunno, but I've certainly had many great meals in Houston, while I've only been to NOLA once so I mainly go on it's reputation.
Absolutely yes. The reputation is old and was always over stated. It was relatively unique, not great - and thanks to business expenses I have eaten at all the top NOLA restaurants.

Quote:
It's my understand that Miami and San Fran battle it out for the 2016 SB, then it's Houston vs the loser for the 2017 game ? I just don't see Houston winning that contest vs either of those cities ? I'm a fan of Houston, but it's a business town, I personally think one of Americans greatest business cities because of its incredible entrepreneurial spirit and pristine capitalism/free-market mentality, but it's not a superior convention town or vacation destination like both Miami and San Fran are. What's the attraction, what's to see in Houston for the SB fan down there for the better part of a whole week, while there's gobs of stuff in the other 2 places ?
Gobs of stuff in Miami? Anyway...

You are continuing to act like this is a tourist deciding to take a vacation looking around to find pretty postcards and things to do with their family. The SB is the event. It is all week long pretty much only for people with lots of ins to the events and parties. There are hundreds of parties and events. Hugh Hefner rented out all of one of the swankier Houston hotels then had multiple parties there and in an outside pavilion location as well. For the great majority of folks this isn't "honey should we go to the SB this year? It's going to be in Miami, we could take the kids on a air boat ride, maybe sun tan a little on a 70 degree cloudy beach, and then maybe get a baby sitter who will come by at 1 am so we can go clubbing when things get going in Miami."

You're really missing the boat here. This isn't the owners getting together to judge the best tourism spots. This is all politics - bribes for new stadiums, bribes for owners. Make a cogent argument for Indy getting a SB otherwise or Jax which had to hire in cruise ships for hotel rooms.

You are fawning over SF. Know how many SB's they have hosted? - zilch. If they get one it is a buy off for getting a new stadium. It isn't for the redwoods and pizza.