View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cowher on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The problem was that Gary and Rick liked them too much. After a combined 22 catches for 2 TDs, how do they like them now? I realize that the Texans could not afford to go after a legit FA WR last year. But who put then in that position? All of these contracts belong to this brain trust.
Yeah... that's what I said. That's exactly what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like the three of them. Posey, Martin, & LeStar.

But I'm not blaming the kids, I'm blaming the leadership, the F.O. the scouts, the coaches. We got nothing out of Dorin Dickerson, or Andre Davis... I'm missing David freak'n Anderson right now, that's how bad this is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If the offense's problems are going to be laid on the inexperience of the 3rd WRs and the right side of the O-line, that's on Smithiak's overconfidence in their scouting/coaching abilities. I don't think that was is entirely true, but what are the plans to solve these issues? Hope the young guys get better? Draft more young guys to protect and produce for QB who is a year older and slower? I'm not going to criticize moves that haven't been made. But these guys need to come up with a better plan than last season.
I know people are calling for Joe Marciano's head. But at least he's had some success in the time that he's been here. The guy I think we should be looking at is Larry Kirksey. He's been here since 2007 & we haven't developed 1 WR. We've had plenty come through here & his best "job" to date is Jacoby Jones.

That's the guy who's stealing money.

As far as the right side of the OL goes, I think Benton & Rico are doing their job. The drop off we saw "shouldn't" have been so bad if Butler & Caldwell were in fact the starters. But they both got hurt & we got Newton/Harris, Jones/Brooks. still they did an admirable job when you consider Matt was one of the least sacked QBs, he threw for 4000 yards, Andre grabed 100+ catches for 1500 yards & Foster ran for 1400.... the problem was not being able to do it when we needed to. But overall, I think they made good out of a bad situation.