View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowher on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The problem was that Gary and Rick liked them too much. After a combined 22 catches for 2 TDs, how do they like them now? I realize that the Texans could not afford to go after a legit FA WR last year. But who put then in that position? All of these contracts belong to this brain trust.

If the offense's problems are going to be laid on the inexperience of the 3rd WRs and the right side of the O-line, that's on Smithiak's overconfidence in their scouting/coaching abilities. I don't think that was is entirely true, but what are the plans to solve these issues? Hope the young guys get better? Draft more young guys to protect and produce for QB who is a year older and slower? I'm not going to criticize moves that haven't been made. But these guys need to come up with a better plan than last season.
They can evaluate the players correctly, but when those guys don't perform to their capacity, it's tough.

Jean is a guy who made his mark in college with over the head catches, but he dropped a few big ones last year.

Martin dropped but maybe once or twice his entire senior year and never slipped on a route; but he dropped 4 or 5 balls in very few passes thrown his way, and slipped on another. His drop rate is supposed to be less than 2%; instead, it became 20% percent or so; that was just ridiculous.

Last edited by 76Texan; 02-02-2013 at 09:57 AM.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote