View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I was talking to a buddy today actually about this. He doesn't want a young wr because of the break in time,but I responded with simple numbers. Owen daniels had more targets than torrey smith and josh gordon, yet those guys produced more yards by far. I mean, if you take torrey smith the last 2 yrs, he's averaging 100 targets,50 recs, 800 yds and 8tds. Josh gordon had 96 tagets,50 catches and 800 yds playing with a 0 opposite of him and a rookie qb. I don't see why the texans couldn't draft a wr to play opposite andre who couldn't get 16-18 ypc with 50 recs and 800 yds or so.
With a true first round talent (whether we get him in the second or whatever) I would think it would be possible. But, with wins being such a premium, I doubt Kubiak will have the foresight to look to the future & get the youngun on the field early. If we're lucky & we can find a guy who works like Martin, maybe he can earn early playing time, then it's up to him to do better with that opportunity than LeStar, Martin, & Posey has.

But if we find ourselves too close to .500, we won't see any new faces that aren't necessary due to injury. Andre, Walter, OD, & Graham are going to have to find a way to win with Schaub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
This isn't new, but maybe schaub needs to stop checking down to daniels and start pressing the ball to guys who can actually do more than catch and fall down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Schaub simply cant make those throws into tight windows .... he lacks the zip to fit them in. That's why we see so many checkdowns ..... I'd rather he check them down that turn the ball over ...
Schaub's got some limitations. Refusal to throw it deep isn't one of them. We've consistently been among the more explosive teams in the league for at least the last 5 years.

And now his arm "simply" isn't strong enough to make throws he's regularly made over the last 6 years.... uh-huh..

Maybe some of you are afraid to be caught on the wrong side of another QB thing, like David Carr. Maybe some of you are trying so hard to convince yourselves that Schaub is as bad as Carr to give you some sliver of hope that we'll replace him. I don't know what it is but as a long time critic of Matt Schaub I know what his issues are & what they aren't, & I've seen what he's been able to do in spite of those limitations.

As a longtime NFL fan, who respects both of your NFL opinions, I fear that you've been hypnotized by all that is RG3, or Kaepernick, or Wilson. I want one too, but I'm not willing to give up on a good NFL QB for what has failed to generate any long-term success in the NFL. The new Vick, that's all I'm seeing so far.

Maybe, one of them will be the next McNabb, McNair or Cunningham...... maybe. But more time than not, they end up as the next Vick, or the next Young.

I worry most about Russell Wilson, his situation reminds me too much of Shuan Kings Tampa Bay Buccaneers.