View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013   #12
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: CB in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
If I was targeting a 1st round CB, i'd go after Marcus Trufant's little brother Desmond. He is 5'11, 190lbs, and has 4.42 speed. He is physical and can play in a man scheme that Wade likes. He has the speed, athletic ability, and desire to be a potential lockdown corner. I have been flirting with the idea of grabbing him in the first round.
I agree, but the question boils down to there being bigger needs at ILB, WR, NT, and O-line, so if your the GM do you fill a bigger need first or jump on a BPA opportunity if one of the top ranked CB's falls into your lap. Taking Banks or Trufant means settling for lesser talent at your other needed positions, but it also means turning one of your teams weaknesses 2 yrs. ago into a team strength with depth, an enviable position for most clubs in the league.

I know it would mean settling for lesser talent at the needed positions but I think I'd have to jump on Banks or Trufant if available in the 1st, as long as we use our other picks to trade up and at least fill WR and NT with high quality talent. They could also be future trade bait since most teams covet quality CB's.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote