View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Cowher on the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Cowher's analysis is spot on. I think he was right about Schuab and Cushing. If our defense is going to work, Cushing has got to be healthy run all over the place making plays.
Loosing Cushing was big, but Cowher also hit on another thing. Injuries to that position. Dobbins got hurt, James got hurt, Sharpton got hurt... Barrett Ruud probably didn't expect to play as much when he signed on.

I don't think continuity is as important for the position as it is for your offensive line, but if you look, it was one week after another. It was rare that we started the same two ILBs in back to back weeks after Cushing went down & it was just as rare that the two guys that started the game were the same two guys that ended the game.

Then we caught an injury bug at the safety position for a little bit as well.

I don't like to blame injuries, & we managed to win quite a few of those games regardless. But I think our situation was unusual & our coaches handled it about as well as could be expected.

He also mentioned a little bit of luck helping Baltimore get to the dance. Team of destiny he said.