View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
The thing with this is, the NT doesn't play that much at all. Those passing situations those guys are usually not on the field. Our nickle and sub packages are mainly Watt and Smith as the linemen and our edge guys. That's it. Among 3-4 teams I looked up our NT's seemed to play the least in comparison. So getting a NT first may not solve as much as we all hope unless someone stops being stubborn and makes some proper adjustments against elite/spread teams.
I believe if we get a Ngata/Raji type of player that player would stay on the field more often. The Ninja had an excellent year, he's under contract, & I think he's a Texan through & through, meaning he'll restructure (I don't think we'll ask him to take a paycut after the year he had) if we need him to.

That said, unless Wade sees a Jj Watt type of guy in the first, I'd much rather they try to find the guy we need (Crick maybe) in the lower rounds. With competent coaches on defense, we should expect to see UDFAs (Jamison maybe) become highly productive members on the defensive side of the ball. Or at least contribute to the extent as Quin & McCain.