View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013   #78
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Posey tore his Achilles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
From all signs, it would surprise me if he suffered anything but a complete rupture. But, if it is a partial rupture, it is so variable as to what "partial" really means.........is it a longitudinal rupture?.....is it a transverse rupture?......does it involve the gastrocnemius muscle tendon (superficial component of the Achilles) and/or the soleus muscle tendon (deep component of the Achilles)?........does it require an interposed graft for repair?

A prognosis could be the same as for a complete or all the way down to 6 months like Suggs. What really wasn't publicized in the exceptional recovery case of Suggs is that it was a localized tear that required a very limited 3 cm transverse incision (as opposed to the classic 8 cm longitudinal incision). This is not a very realistic recovery for the typical more extensive tear that usually occurs when referred to as "partial."

Doc, you are the man, and I always love your analysis, but holy crap that last pictures hurts to look at. I'm not ussually squeemish, but from 19-21 years of age I had something wrong with my achilles that made it excruciatingly painful to be touched or bumped directly. So this is like nails on a chalk board!!!!