View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
At any rate, Walter isn't even the third option on this team.
He's been the fourth option since 2010. Foster is third with 239 targets to Walter's 219.

That's just the way the Texans run their offense.

In fact, when Jacoby was here, he had more targets than Walter in 2010 and 2012 (3 and 4 more respectively.) So if you go strictly by numbers, Walter was the fifth option in those two years.
& you don't see a problem with that?

I don't believe, "That's just the way the Texans run their offense" I think that's the way we "have" to run our offense, until we get a better option at #2 WR.

There is no #1 target, #2 target. Schaub comes to the line, look at the defense & decides then who his #1 option is going to be. Most of the times it's supposed to be Andre, sometimes it's supposed to be Owen, or Arian, but if they don't get the defensive look that they want, it changes & there are rules for how he goes through his progression at that time.

I'm betting if we had a true #2 WR, That position would be his #1 option more often than it is now, because he would expect that WR to get open against more defenses.

If your #2 WR is so far down the list that he's the 5th option, that 4 players get more targets in the passing game.... something is wrong.