View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster likely to undergo heart procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
What is your main specialty, Doc? Just curious because your knowledge on all of these subjects just blows my mind. If you specialize in a field that I see a doctor for, I'd love to come see you.

I too had an ablation. I agree with HoustonFrog that it is anything but "minor" for those experiencing it. I was in surgery for close to 7 hours and when I woke up, I thought I was dying. Worst experience of my life. It took me screaming for the idiots in the hospital to finally realize how much pain I was in and come shoot me up with morphine.

I really feel for Arian. Sucks to be young and otherwise healthy but have to deal with a heart that just randomly ****s up for no reason.
Now mainly as a Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgeon with a heavy background as a trauma surgeon and cardiovascular surgery. I have always tried to stay up with as much of the medical literature in the various specialties as I can.

It is evident to me that with your ablation lasting 7 hours must have been complicated........typically they can last anywhere from 3 to 6 hours (depending on the situation). PM me if you have any specific questions about your situation. The severe pain is usually due to the significant inflammatory changes created by the "burning" of the lining tissue of the heart.......the more extensive the ablation area(s), the more likely more residual inflammation and greater pain. Most routine ablations, though, result in a short period of mild to moderate chest discomfort which is mostly felt with taking deep breaths.....and usually lasting less than 72 hours, during which time Advil or Motrin usually suffices.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote