View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #86
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I could see Gary going heavy on defense in the draft.

First round, draft a better NT to help out Watt. Or go LB in round 1 and NT in round 2, whatever is better value at those two spots.

This gets us more push up front with the better NT, and gets us another LB who will definitely see action in 2013 (in the 34, LBs rule the day...and we were crushed with injuries there in 2012). Cushing is back, too. The front 7 strengthened as a result. Cody and Mitchell as depth and rotation at NT.

This will make the Secondary better.

Which makes the defense back to its 2011 form....which makes "Gary Ball" better than it was in 2012.

WR/TE in the 3rd and 4th, token QB somewhere in the 5th or beyond. CBs in later rounds. Call it a draft. Then hope you can find some UDFA gold nuggets.

This is the way I have seen this offseason since before it was the offseason. I dont get the add more weapons around Schaub approach. It's not like he is capable of utilizing them. Get the defense back to where they were last year by improving the weak area (middle) and look for young players with potential on offense to take over in time. I would like to see an OT with good feet at some point in the draft to groom as a swing tackle.

The OL played better in the playoffs and with more time and a full training camp should be even better next year. This will automatically improve the running game and take pressure of Schaub as will an improved defense.

By giving Schaub more weapons and ignoring the defense we will actually be relying on Schaub more thus adding more pressure on him to be the man. Which we all know he is not.