View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
That simply has not happened by Kubiak & Rick Smith's doing & there is nothing about Walter's poor performance at the #2 that suggest that grass is not greener on the other side.
Because the defense sucked & Kubiak has been able to put together a top 10 offense, for the most part, with the likes of KDub.

We spent a 6th to get Myers. Two 2nds to get Schaub, a 3rd on Spencer (injured his rookie season), a 3rd on Winston (cap casualty), a 2nd on Tate (year 4 coming up), & some FA dollars on Wade Smith.

Other than that, we invested most of our capital on the defensive side of the ball...... because it was needed.

Now that we've got the well respected Wade Phillips, hopefully we'll see more second/third day picks (is there a third day anymore?) significantly contribute to the success of this team & we can spend some of our assets on offense.

I still think Posey was a good shot..... not for this season, but for the future, & I don't think Jacoby was a waste. I think he progressed well & the Texans chose wrong in keeping Walter... but both are #3s.... you can only get away with paying #3 WRs $1M+ for so long.