View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #23
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Not saying either should be starters but come on Jean has two years learning system & should have had more than 12 catches from 24 attempts in '12? Sure, I'm willing to give Posey another year but 14 catches at 43% of targets? Then add on to this his penalties = failure. Both could be pro bowlers next season but as for last year...boo. I am grading them on this year as I did with KJ on his first. Does not mean career failure but both get "F" imo for 2012.

I also disagree on your man love comment for Walter blocking; Kevin has history of holding onto the ball. It has been noted on this MB that Kubiak let Posey on field as he had approved in blocking.
Of course you disagree concerning the man love for Walters overrated blocking. I would not expect anything less considring you, & many others, try to excuse his ineffectiveness as a wr by justifying it w/ the "great blocker" defense. As I mentioned earlier, NONE of the wr's have ever been criticised by anyone for having glaring deficiencies at run blocking. It just seems that those that choose to defend Walter have to resort to that to glorify him. As far as his "sure" hands or holding on to the ball, that obviously regressed this season based on CnD's chart. Even though others had more opportunities & thus more opportunities to fail he still was outperformed by Andre & right in line w/ Owen. Nothing spectacular by any means, which pretty much describes Walter in a nut shell imo.

You do realize Jean was placed on the IR for the 2011 season & had a knee injury that caused him to miss some time in 2012? Learning a playbook & being on the field to execute it are 2 totally different things. 2011 didn't do much for his development due to being limited on what, if any, team activities he could participate in due to his IR designation. So holding that year against him hardly seems fair when judging him imo. 2012 was basically his rookie season & the knee injury did hamper that as well. Ignoring both of those factors would be foolish when judging him imo. Concerning his production, once again PRODUCTION can only be achieved if given an OPPORTUNITY. The latter is NOT something that Jean, Martin, or Posey got much of until late in the season & even then it was fairly limited.

Comparing all of their rookie seasons to Walter is a bit skewed considering their experience levels & opportunities, but I do understand the desperation in trying raise Walter above the rest w/out giving them a fair chance because it does seem the writing is on the wall for Walter. When the owner speaks, the employees should listen & the owner wants a WR w/ playmaking ability....thank goodness!
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote