View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL cracks down on fake jerseys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I enjoy most the way they spin these reports trying to represent Americans as victims who don't know that these jerseys are not authentic. We're just a bunch of unwitting suckers who didn't intentionally go out and try to find a cheap knock-off jersey I guess in their eyes.

Me, I went out of my way to buy fakes. Everyone I know who has them did the same. You look at the price versus what you get and it was a no-brainer. The low-end real jerseys are garbage compared to the fake high-end jerseys and the real ones still cost more.

My fake jerseys look as good or better (granted at 4-5 feet away) than some of the real ones I've seen on coworkers. Plus there's an added "feature" that I think makes the fakes better. They're thinner. Now in the colder climates that might not be a good thing but here for most of the first half of the season that's actually awesome. I've got two of the real ones that I bought used and they're both too thick and hot as hell in the first month of the football season.
Some of those fake jerseys are real. I was browsing in the pro shop in Dallas season before last (Reebok) and was wearing my fake jersey. Out of curiousity, I went to the authentic section, looked at the authentic and compared it with the one I was wearing. The only difference I could detect was $250 instead of $40.

The first time I heard on the news there was concern that consumers were getting ripped off by buying counterfeit merchandise, I couldn't believe the news broadcaster could say that with a straight face.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote