View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #64
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45572 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How did Ray Lewis go from murder suspect in 2000 to NFL royalty in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like Ray Lewis and I'm glad he turned his life around.

But the above question has always been a splinter in my mind's eye. It's an obvious question that nobody wants to ask anymore.

He knew more about that incident than he admitted. The missing suit speaks volumes to this silence.

I'm not accusing him of murder. However, I'm also pragmatic and understand that his plea of guilty to obstruction of justice in a plea bargain is clearly a more-to-the-story situation.

Since then, though, he's been an inspiration to many and a role model for both players and fans. It's not like he's had a troubled pattern over the years that reveals he's faking it. I think that tragedy focused the man to define what he wanted to be in life and he chose the high road.
This.

As others have said, people need to stop acting like they were there. Maybe he was holding the knife and maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was an accomplice, and maybe he wasn't. Maybe self-defense was involved, and maybe it wasn't. The fact is though no one knows accept the two guys that are dead and buried and Ray Lewis and his buddies.

What we do know is that Ray Lewis has been a model citizen since the incident. He has put a ton of his time and effort into helping younger athletes not make the same mistakes that he did. What he was involved with was a tragedy. But if anyone has done everything humanly possible to make up for any wrong doing, it is Ray Lewis. I, for one, respect the football player as well as the man.
Say Watt is online now   Reply With Quote