View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Even going on about the other receivers...how much opportunity were they given for them to be labelled 'failure'? Receiver is one of the hardest developed positions in the league per GM's, scouts, coaches and mere facts. So two rookies and a one year player are failures even when you add they got little time actually on the field or opportunity? That's a bit of a reach. Not all come out the gate like AJ Green or Julio Jones. Those are rare breeds.

Plus I would hardly say Posey was a failure. From week 15 forward he began taking away time from Walter to the point it was almost 50-50 in some games in amount of plays in the game and overly from that stretch and through the playoffs it fell below a 2:1 ratio. That means he progressed and did something at practices and on film that the coaches liked. That is taking the next step forward. Hardly a failure for a kid who didn't even play football the previous season.

That was something positive for the kid. The injury of course may have thrown that out of whack now but the fact we actually saw progress makes that case not a failure. The other two are incomplete so I wouldn't label them failures at this point. Could they turn out to be? Course. But it is too early to judge them to the point of success and failure. A big fat INC grade seems more correct and unfortunately for them, we're a contender now. So they may lose some because we need production today which means another body coming in that may take from their own progress.
I think you are seeing incremental improvement and calling that success. Going from a 3 to a 4 is success but hardly what should be expected. I expected more and reasonably so imo.