View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #82
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Don't forget Tim Jamison. They actually signed him to the extension before he got hurt which made me immediately think Smith was a goner. Course after how the pass rush was essentially only two guys this year it may change their direction. What happens may speak about Smith's ability as a GM. Can he get a restructure or we looking at another 'Dump and go'.

Draft will be interesting. If they do like GP suggested and get a real strong NT maybe that means Wade will adjust his defense (and he freaking needs to) and maybe change his nickle to a 3-3 with Merci/Watt on the edge. I rather that than depend on the OLB's we have now if we retain Barwin.

While we have all been talking Schaub like crazy this defense was freaking atrocious against the Patriots and the Ravens made it look a hell of a lot easier than we did which irritated me to no end.
Yeah, must admit Jamison does get forgotten at times. He has flashed some potential in the past but I don't know if its enough to fully depend on him as a full time starter. I would rather seem him in rotation before deeming him a full time starter. Smith's contract seems to be a topic of concern & to be honest my faith in Rick Smith is very limited as the "dump & go" seems to be his specialty.

The NT position is one of those positions I was actually alluding to w/ the player waiting in the wings comment. Cody was never anything really special outside of his "on the nose" work & Mitchell has been improving at least enough to out produce Cody, so seeing them not address this need w/ an early pick or FA would, unfortunately, not surprise me. A big body in the middle would be great & I believe is needed but Wade has obviously felt otherwise here & when he was Arlington. It's hard to teach & old dog new tricks.

Wade's thought process since he has gotten here has somewhat confused me at times considering he at one point started an OLB who was just as big if not bigger then his D-lineman. I know he turned this defense & essentially the team around, but there is obviously some issues now & it does not seem that he is adjusting w/ the game plans or personnel. I hope some adjustments are made & I personally think a big body in the middle w/ a good motor would be a great start.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote