View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ray Lewis Recovered Using Banned Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
I can't really argue with that. Except to say that I see guys of different sports (ie: Clemens, Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, etc) being kept out of the hall because of PED use. I can't argue with the fact that there are people in the HOF that have used--clearly there are. But I think that in the years to come it will hinder many because of these sorts of accusations.
Two different hall of fames. Baseball HoF is notorious for using off-field issues to deny players entry, even having years when nobody enters (like this year).

Football HoF, on the other hand, normally focuses only on careers. Guys like Lawrence Taylor were widely known to have some serious off-field issues, but that did not keep them out of the HoF. I'm not 100% positive, but I think the football HoF has a requirement for minimum number of players inducted every year. As you know, the annual HoF induction is a big part of kicking off the NFL season in August, so they would look pretty bad from a PR perspective if nobody was getting in.