View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rey's post senior Bowl Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
*I'm trading a 5th and 3rd and whatever else it takes to get another second round pick.

1) Justin Hunter, WR 6'4" 200 lbs

A number 1 receiver in training. For right now, he can be a really good #2. Good hands, really good size, good speed. Can take the top off the defense and can catch shorter passes and get YAC.

I'm just not down with the Tennessee WR's as a group, very undistinguished careers given talent/expectations. They all seem fairly high risk to me. What is the knock on Lestar Jean, who has similar size? core strength.

2) Kawan Short, NT

Aggressive and good explosiveness from the NT position.

Your must explain why a consensus first round prospect drops to end of second. Is there an off the field issue, failed drug test, something coming out that I haven't heard of?
2) Tavon Austin, WR/RB/Returner

Is a better version of Keyshawn Martin. A much better version.
Another, on the bubble first round prospect. Man this would be quite the haul. Electric player with elite speed.
3) Brandon Jenkins, OLB

Explosive and aggressive off the edge. Coming off an injury so gettin him in the 3rd is a steal IMO.
Yeah, he could blow scouts away @ the combine if 100%. Will be one of the surprise pass rushing OLB's.
4) D.J Swearinger, S

Good in coverage. Good tackler. Will instantly be the 3rd safety on this team.
Classic in the box safety with some coverage skills. solid pick good value.
5) Kenjon Barner, RB/Returner

Good change of pace guy and another guy that can return.
Best suit is his catching ability, will pick through holes not a downhill fit. love the player in situation role, depth.

6) Quinn Sharp, P

Booming leg to compete with our punter. Will probably win the battle. Younger and has a huge leg.
Yes, the all important missing ingredient on special teams. can change field position & put the other teams offense in a hole for a change.
7) John Major, ILB

I really like this guy. He is a football player and an underrated athlete IMO. Will instantly be a good special teams guy and I actually like him more than all of the higher rated ILB's I've seen. Dude is a baller.
I like selecting ILB later, if you feel strongly guy is a baller who can cut the roster. Good value & address need.
7) Jack Doyle, TE

Good size, good hands, good athlete. What more do you want out of a 7th round TE?
Doyle is one of my favorite 2nd tier TE's. This is a super group for position & Texans must come away with one of them. Doyle is also a competent blocker, does have very good hands too a Joel Dreessen clone.
Other than the top where you have possibly three first round prospects your group is pretty solid

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote