View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: G in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
It is hard for me to imagine that OG could be the best player available with all the DL talent in this class. Anyway I thought it was RG the Texans needed to upgrade & depth @ OT? Duane Brown, Wade Smith & Chris Myers all made the Pro Bowl.

I also think the interior OL stepped it up in our last two play off games. Schaub was not feeling any pressure from Geno Atkins, Vince Wilfork, or any other DT in the play offs.

So I think the Texans are doing a good job there. I think Brooks and Jones are keepers & we also have Chris White who we signed to the active roster to protect him late in the season. Then we've got Caldwell.

I love the idea of BPA, so if the best player available at our pick is an OG they should definitely take that into consideration. I'd love to get another first round pick on the OL.

But, we need an outside pass rusher in a bad way as well as a legit WR. If there is a player at those positions that we think could contribute early... that's where I'd rather go with the pick. Of course I hope they do their due diligence & entertain any trade down scenarios.