View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: G in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Then whose going to play tackle? None of our RTs shined this season. I wanted Butler to be our perminant RT but he got demoted just before his season ending injury.
Your starting RT will be Newton next season, and starting RG will be Brooks. Jones will be the future at C, and primary backup at all the interior O-line positions til then. When Newton came back from a couple games off due to injury he looked alot better than when he left, and statistically he had a pretty good season in pass protection, much better than Winston the year before. I think the game kinda overwhelmed Newton last year as it does most young players. Newton needs to improve in run blocking and I think our strength and conditioning program will take care of that. I think Newton, barring injury, will be just fine next season.

I would look for the Texans to draft an OG or OT/OG in the 3rd this season as someone to play behind W. Smith and take his job after the 2013 season. Maybe Alvin Bailey, Kyle Long, Xavier Nixon, Ricky Wagner, etc...
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote