View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Yeah, and Kubiaks judgment on whom he is loyal to has always been spot on & never called into question. Kubiaks loyality is one of his worst attributes that is often criticized for being a day late & dollar short on making appropriate personnel moves. Marciano, Frank Bush, Kris Brown anyone....

It doesn't matter how deep & desperate some of y'all dig to try & justify Walter, in the end he is still not a legit #2 wr & almost all outside of Houston not drinking the Battle Koolaid know it. Its a shame how foolish some of us act by actually trying to convince ourselves & others into believing that some how averaging 2.6 catches for 32.4 yards & .13 TD's per game is actually worthy of being a starter in the NFL. The silliness is endless.

If any fan from any other team mentioned those numbers to us & then followed it w/ "that's our great #2 wr", he would be laughed at like no other & called a fool by many. Now we know how some Texan fans look to others w/ this Walter gibberish. The blocking is 100% overrated because I have yet to hear that ANY of the wr's have issues run blocking nor is it a glaring issue that all notice. Thus they all seem adequate at it, but the desperation kicks in w/ the Walter lovers & something, no matter how little & frivolous it is, needs to be found to justify the good ol' Kevin Walter. Geez....
Don't mistakenly think I am supporting Walter BUT if you identify a problem, come with a solution or at least say you don't have one. I see few in draft who should be avail that will supplant Walter immediately. Posey was a failure as has been Jean.

You may consider blocking being over rated but is well known to be a requirement of Kubiak's to get on the field.

Also, just as a note about my thinking, I have constantly mocked WR in first round for 2013.

Ridicule Gary's loyalty but it ranks behind McNair's. Not saying it is not an issue but remains something to deal with.