View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rey's post senior Bowl Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
While I agree that player rankings will change a lot between now and late April, barring injury or an arrest Short will go in the 1st round and it might take a little luck for us to get him at #27.
Are you giving up on Martin in the slot after only 1 season? I can see giving up on Jean since he's been here 2 seasons now and still sucks, but I think Martin has potential.

I agree with finding some way to get an early 2nd round pick while keeping our own. We need quality not quantity.
Yes I'm giving up on Martin as a key contributor. He should be a depth WR guy, not someone to be counted on as a regular contributor. His hands are shaky and he struggles to catch the ball in traffic. He's not a deep threat and while he is kind of quick with decent speed he's not all that shifty.

But he'd still see some snaps because this is less about Martin and more about Walter. Walter should be released or at the very least his snaps should be greatly reduced. He still has value as a veteran presence and hands guy, but the days of him being a number two and seeing a majority of the snaps should be over.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote