View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #6
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR catch rate: Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Combine % and YPR and Walter is our second best receiver. I don't think he is going anywhere.
Give me a break. Walter is NOT a #2wr by any stretch of the imagination & I'm glad McNair finally went on the record saying a wr is needed. Walter's stats are garbage compared to most #2 wr's & even some #3's. Save the "walter is great or seviceable" crap for the bandwagon & fairweather fans who don't know any better. Walters saving grace as always been his "sure" hands & his overrated run blocking. Well, his hands are not so sure any longer as he barely beat a TE who almost had twice as many targets & was outperformed by Andre who nearly tripled his targets. I guess being able to get some seperation would increase his target numbers but we all know that's a lost cause.

41 receptions for a little over 500yrds & 2 TD's over 16 games is not what is expected from any #2 wr & at best can be described as mediocre. Having said that, for a guy who constantly rants & raves about poor QB play it seems to be a bit hypocritical to praise a poor excuse for a #2 wr. Pitiful play is pitiful play regardless of the position or the players name imo.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote