View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: G in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Warmack best fit is to play LG. OF course he can play RG but generally teams don't draft those early at least top 15 unless they have a big hole to fill. Cooper seems a little more versatile but still he is a guard typically taken in the 20's.

I think best course for Texans is to beef up DL in first with bpa. Then if a guy drops into 2nd who they grade highly, move up to draft him. I really like Earl Warford, Kentucky. Talk about sand in the pants. He is a franchise RG (if there is such a thing) w/+ value too, this way you upgrade both trenches with starting talent & become more physical.

Ive really warmed up to Short ... If he's still there at 27 still want a WR in the 2nd then we can look at ILB , S and OG with those two 3rd rounders.

Still have to see how FA plays out , maybe they fill one of those spots there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I can't see Warmack dropping to 27. I don't know much about Cooper.

There are a ton of good guards in this draft so it isn't necessary to take one in the first round. David Quessenberry (San Jose) shined at the Senior Bowl and will probably be a OG in the NFL. Larry Warford (Kentucky), Hugh Thorton (Illini) and Bryan Winters (Kent State) all looked good at the Senior Bowl as well.

Another thought would be to take a tackle and move Newton inside.
I dont like that idea at all .... I'd rather he be the swing tackle.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote