View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #66
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
If Barwin resigns for the "right price" I guess that would be OK but something that is coming up within the next couple of years is the resigning of JJ Watt. I would prefer the Texans not tie up a lot of money on other players that may OK and put themselves in a bind later when it comes time to resign Watt. The offers for Watt, when he becomes a FA, could dwarf Mario's. My hope is the Texans will be able to extend him a few years before he can hit the market. They cannot lose Watt!

As for still addressing ILB and OLB in the draft, I couldn't agree with you more, even if they resign Barwin and move Reed to ILB. It may not be in the 1st or 2nd round but they will draft some LB's. They were looking at Sio Moore from Connecticut at the East/West All-star Game. He's an OLB that could go in the middle to late rounds. It's a very weak class for ILB, so they can't wait too long to pick one.
Agreed on Watt, Barwin's value should be very reasonable. He'going to be playing the Sam, so his sack total should go down accordingly. SAM is Barwins best position. He was miscast as a pass rushing WILL. Hopefully Mercilus will show the kind of improvement he did in college from his soph to Jr yrs and become the pass rusher the defense is lacking.

Where did you get the list of who the Texans were talking too at the East/west and Sr Bowl?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote