View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #62
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brooks to move to ILB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I believe the Texans will offer Barwin a fair deal for multiple years. The 1 year deal or incentive laden only deal I can't see working or being enough to sign him. There are plenty of teams going to a 3-4 & pass rushers w/ the potential that Barwin possesses are at a premium. Let's not forget or disregard the facts that this is a 6'3" 268lb OLB who runs a 4.5 forty & accumulated 11 sacks in 2011. He is capable & 1 down season hardly constitutes him as a complete bust imo. If that was the case then Cushing should've been deemed a bust as well as he suffered a slump in his 2nd season as a starter as well. Barwin has been around for 4yrs, but this was only his 2nd season as a starter & I believe he still has room to grow.

I don't believe he earned a huge contract by any means, but for the right price I would be happy to have him back as opposed to the unknown w/ a raw rookie. The Texans do still need to address the OLB & ILB in draft, IMO, for depth purposes.
If Barwin resigns for the "right price" I guess that would be OK but something that is coming up within the next couple of years is the resigning of JJ Watt. I would prefer the Texans not tie up a lot of money on other players that may OK and put themselves in a bind later when it comes time to resign Watt. The offers for Watt, when he becomes a FA, could dwarf Mario's. My hope is the Texans will be able to extend him a few years before he can hit the market. They cannot lose Watt!

As for still addressing ILB and OLB in the draft, I couldn't agree with you more, even if they resign Barwin and move Reed to ILB. It may not be in the 1st or 2nd round but they will draft some LB's. They were looking at Sio Moore from Connecticut at the East/West All-star Game. He's an OLB that could go in the middle to late rounds. It's a very weak class for ILB, so they can't wait too long to pick one.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote