View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ranking the 2012 Offensive Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think ... Newton is your starting RT next year. He should be given a chance to grow into the position because he was essentially a rookie last year having only played 17 snaps in 2011. Statistically Newton had a good year in pass protection, much better than Winston, but he left alot to be desired in run blocking ...
Newton had a +0.3 pass block grade (22nd among RTs) while Winston had a 2011 +12.6 pass block grade (5th among RTs).

There was only one RT with a worse run block grade than Newton in 2012.

What I've seen from Newton at times is physical awkwardness. I hope we bring somebody else in.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote