View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #10
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ranking the 2012 Offensive Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Matters how you see it. Even with Butler being experienced it was rather limited and then you have a guy with no experience in Newton. That really isn't doing much about the position to be honest. It's working with what you have on roster and what we had wasn't all that much. Granted it's all hindsight as I am sure many of us thought Butler would be capable (me included). Then I got to watch him in preseason and realized I was wrong, heh. Definitely a calculated risk like you said. Just hope we don't just go with another one next year.

And not sure if you meant it as such but it read like you are saying Butler lost the job to injury. Newton won the job before Butler got injured. Newton was awarded the job after the Saints game and Butler got injured against the Vikings in the last game. Kubiak then said the two would not share time and it would be Newton's job.

They did sign Harris but what else could they do since they needed a backup tackle. Course it helped him being a former Bronco lol. Two best ways to become a Texan; be a former Aggie or a former Bronco.
Unfortunately, you can probably add being a former Arlington Cowturd to that list. I wouldn't be be surprised if add another in the future. Wade loves his ex-players.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote