View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013   #6
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ranking the 2012 Offensive Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I'm not saying Newton isn't a problem, but handing him the job is essentially what Kubiak chose to do when the Texans were suppose to be considered Super Bowl contenders this year. Not the best practice by any means, but showed you kubiaks faith in him. After a year of experience & growth do we think Kubiak will bring in adequate competition, not talking about a 6th or 7th round pick, or will he hold the course & expect Newton to improve. Knowing kubiaks history of being a year or 2 late on making needed moves I wouldn't he surprised if the position is not addressed in the fashion that we would expect.

Also, how are these grades being calculated? Looking at the fact that newton graded out negatively in the 2 playoff games seems somewhat surprising to me considering the fact that Schaub was very rarely touched against both NE & Cincy & Cincy actually led the NFL in sacks. Considering the competition you would think he would've graded out better as opposed to the NE game being considered 1 of his worst showings.
Definitely agree. Kubiak's loyalty is a hinderance sometimes. Not sure if it all falls on him as I'm sure we can toss Rick Smith in there. Not sure about that guy's cap management as he doesn't seem to make things happen with restructures in the way I see other teams do. He just clears out and moves on.

In both those playoff games Newton allowed the most QB hurries (well tied with good ol' Wade Smith who I still wonder how he got to the probowl). Only two in the Bengals game but 4 in the Patrtiots. Remember he got benched for Ryan Harris some time in the 3rd quarter of the Pats game who did a bit better. Not sure if he is his competition though but who knows. Knowing Kubiak he just might be since we may go after a TE. We're long overdue after all lol.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote